Morning sickness is also known as nausea/vomiting during Pregnancy (NVP). About 80% of all the pregnant women are affected with this condition. The woman feels nausea and most of the time vomits and some tiredness along with it. In this article, you are going to get complete information about morning sickness. Why morning sickness is there for pregnant ladies, and how to treat it or how to reduce its symptoms. You will get all related information in this article so keep reading.
Some Facts about what is morning sickness like?
Let’s start with some key facts about morning what is morning sickness like in the start. You will also find more details in this article.
- The pregnant lady can feel morning sickness at any time during a day.
- Why it happens so is still not known by doctors.
- You can try a lot of home and herbal remedies to treat morning sickness.
- If you take ginger then it is possible to lessen the symptoms to some extent.
- The good thing about morning sickness is that it is a sign of healthy pregnancy.
Brief Introduction to Morning Sickness
Contras to its name the feeling of morning sickness can come at any time during the whole day. The feeling of nausea can be mild and it can be more vigorous that it can cause vomiting. To more extents, it can cause dehydration in pregnant ladies. It is also responsible for weight loss and it can lower the level of potassium in the blood. Sometimes it can change the acidity of your blood. In most severe conditions morning sickness becomes Hyperemesis Gravidarum. It occurs more often about 2% of all pregnancies.
When Morning Sickness starts During Pregnancy
The Feeling of nausea and vomiting occur during the 6th week of pregnancy. For some ladies, it is the very first sign of their pregnancy. In some pregnant ladies, the symptoms are gone during the 12th week of pregnancy. Most of the women suffer form this condition during their whole period of pregnancy.
Morning sickness is sometimes with an unpleasant experience but it has no danger for baby hence no health risk is involved. Most of the studies have proved that it is a healthy sign during pregnancy and it reduces the risks of miscarriages in women who experience it as compared to those who don’t suffer from morning sickness. To treat this condition a lot of rest is required along with some changes in diet. The main thing that it can affect is only the daily morning activities of pregnant women. If she has the support of his family and friends then she can cope with it and recover very soon that what is morning sickness like?
Some Common Symptoms of Morning Sickness
Morning sickness can consist of nausea alone and sometimes nausea with vomiting. Most of the women experience it during their first trimester of pregnancy. Make sure that you must consult your gynecologist under following conditions.
- If you have a severe feeling of nausea and vomiting.
- You pass a very small amount of urine.
- You can not keep the liquid in down position.
- You got a feeling of dizziness when you stand up or walk.
- You heart beat increases during this condition.
- You are passing blood in your vomits.
Some Common Causes of Morning Sickness
The causes of morning sickness are surprisingly unknown. Most of the doctors consider that hormonal changes are responsible to bring this condition.
Some of the main causes are as below.
1. Increased Level of Estrogen
Doctors have the view that increase amount of estrogen in the blood during pregnancy are responsible for morning sickness. The level of this hormone increases in pregnancy 100 times more than usual. The level of this hormone is different in women with morning sickness and the women without it.
2. Increased level of Progesterone
In pregnant ladies the level of this hormone also increases. Uterus got relax with high level of this hormone. It can also relax the muscles of stomach which can cause the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
3. The Sense of Smell
The sensitivity of odor increases during pregnancy. So it can trigger the feeling of nausea.
The Risk Factors Associated with Morning Sickness
All the pregnant ladies have the chances to develop morning sickness. The risks associated with morning sickness can be more if
- Woman has experienced nausea and vomiting along with motion sickness, migraines and birth control pills before pregnancy.
- If the women has experienced more morning sickness in previous pregnancy.
- The woman is expecting twins or triplets.
How to Treat Morning Sickness
In most cases, treatment provided by doctor is not enough. However to minimize the morning sickness some of the ideas are given below.
1. More rest is required if such feeling is required. If you are more tired then conditions can be severe.
2. Take liquids in small amount but in small amount. Large amount can make the condition worse.
3. You can suck ice cubes made with water to lower the feeling of nausea. Also you ca take lollipops of different flavors made with fruits.
4. Take more meals sufficient is carbohydrates. Take fewer amounts of meals. Rather than taking spicy and sweet food, it is better to take crispy food like crackers and crispy breads as they have less smell.
5. All the pregnant ladies should not leave their stomach empty. Before getting up it is important to take biscuits or crackers
If the symptoms are still there then it the doctor can recommend the anti-sickness short course. It is very safe during pregnancy. Ginger is very effective for this treatment and many supplements of ginger are available in the market. Some patients go with acupressure technique. In this technique, pressure is exerted on specific parts of the body. With this technique more than 40% women reported improvement. In most of the pregnancies, the symptoms go away during the 5th week of pregnancy. Chances of harm to the baby are very little during pregnancy. If the women reduce weight during pregnancy then there is a chance that baby will also be of less weight with what is morning sickness like.